Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hacking Harvard

Just today I started the book Hacking Harvard a novel by Robin Wasserman. It is about a truly brilliant hacking (similar to pranking) team who takes on a high stakes bet to get a slacker in to Harvard. I am on page 214. The team has just used a tiny camera, invisible earpieces and 3 geniuses to help their slacker, Clay get a perfect score on the SAT. Eric, the moralist who plays by the rules, has just found out his best friend Max made the bet a little higher stakes than he lead the rest of them to believe. What started out as just $100 per person is now a $25,000 bet that could get them in serious trouble if they should fail. In hopes to prove to the college board and millions of stressed high school students, that life isn't all about where you get in; the team will have to follow the Hacker's code, stay focused and don't get caught! This is a pretty interesting read that gives some good life lessons on planning for the future. It really got me thankfull I'm not applying to college just yet and also a little freaked out for the SAT, (they have some sample questions in the book.) I really can't figure out if they will succeed or fail in the end, I guess I will find out.

No comments: