Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Adios Mr. Bush; his last press conference without the shoes

President Bush gave his final 47 minute press conference of his presidency. Filled with passion, defiance, reflection and light heartedness Bush displayed many emotions as he reflected on his turbulent time in office and the mistakes he made along the way. When asked to look back, he admitted some things "didn't go according to plan." Mr. Bush repeatedly said that he believes history will be the judge of his presidency. In response to a question about his extreme critics he said, "I don't know why they get angry, I don't know why they get hostile...I don't see how I can get back home in Texas and look in the mirror and be proud of what I see, if I allowed the loud voices, the loud critics to prevent me from doing what I thought was necessary to protect this country." He was very defensive about his policies on terrorism, which have given him the most criticism. He talked about his plans for the future;"I just can't envision myself, you know, with a big straw hat and Hawaiian shirt, sitting on some beach particularly since I quit drinking." He said was going to get busy quick after leaving office, but one thing he said he wasn't going to do is stay in the spotlight. "When I get out of here, I'm getting off the stage, I've had my time in the klieg lights."

1 comment:

Lizz said...

BUSH is gone! Obama!